Terms and Conditions for the Use of this Web Site
On this website you can express your views on lots of different topics and see what other people are saying about Ealing Dean Allotment Society.
Our wish is to make the website an enjoyable experience for all who use it, it is a great tool to interact with fellow members and committee. You are welcome to post your opinions and disagree with others, but please do so respectfully and comply with our guidelines and Terms & Conditions when posting.
Please note: the views expressed by our members on our Blog are not necessarily those of the society or its committee.
What is acceptable (and not):
Harassment – please respect your fellow members and do not attack those whose opinions you disagree with. Think hard about how such posts are received. It is inappropriate to post comments that defame or threaten other posters, or are in any way threatening or discriminatory to members.
Swearing – uncensored swear words or obscene, offensive or indecent language is not allowed and will result in the member being warned once, if the member continues to post in the same manner he/she will be banned.
Disruption - while you may disagree with the comments from other members or dislike the topic, please do not post messages that are intended to disrupt the flow of a thread. Irrelevant, deliberately flaming, disruptive, illegible or unconstructive content will be removed without warning.
Solicitation – we do not allow solicitation on the boards, commercial or non-commercial.
Copyright - please do not post content to the boards for which you do not own the copyright.
Links – you may link to sites that you believe are relevant to your post or are of interest to the topic being discussed. However, you may not post links to other communities in direct conflict with the aims of the society or that you gain from personally.
Personal Information – for your own safety, please do not post personal information. This includes your email or home address, telephone or mobile number.
Finally, we reserve the right to remove anything else that we consider inappropriate and which might diminish the reputation of the Ealing Dean Allotment Society and it is important that you understand that you could be held liable for anything you post within this web site.
Picture use on the Ealing Dean Allotment Society website:
Please make sure that these are your pictures and do not belong to someone else.
In the event of uploading photographs you agree:
- you are over the age of 18
- you have reviewed and agree to comply with these Terms & Conditions (unless you are aged 14-17 years old, in which case, your parent or guardian has reviewed and agrees to these Terms & Conditions on your behalf)
- the individual depicted in the photograph is over the age of 18, or you have obtained the consent of the individual's parent or guardian, and such individual has consented to the photograph being made publicly available in connection with the society website.
- the photograph has not been modified or altered in any manner so as to distort or misrepresent any individual or thing depicted in the photograph.
- the photograph does not contain any personal information such as a name, phone number or email address; and photographs of groups or offensive materials may not be posted.
Ealing Dean Allotment Society reserves the right to remove any photograph, for any reason.
Terms and Conditions of Use
- Final say on the acceptance of any post lies with the Ealing Dean Allotment Society committee or webmaster.
- Ealing Dean Allotment Society reserves the right to edit any content posted.
- Once content has been posted, Ealing Dean Allotment Society reserves the right to remove it at any time.
- Moderators will endeavour to edit messages that they feel break the Blog rules, however meanings may be concealed in text that may not initially seem inappropriate to the moderator. If you see a post that you deem unacceptable for publication please contact one of the committee or the webmaster so that we can re-evaluate the message.
- Opinions expressed on in comments or the Blog are not necessarily those held by Ealing Dean Allotment Society.
- We reserve the right to change these Terms & Conditions/fair usage policy at any time.
- You hereby license the Ealing Dean Allotment Society to display your messages on the website and to republish any material you submit if the committee sees fit, and hereby waive all so called moral rights you may have in the messages.
- Harassment of fellow members and targeting of particular groups for the purpose of ridicule or hatred is not allowed. This includes messages that are defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, threatening, racially or sexually or otherwise discriminatory, offensive, and inaccurate.
- Solicitations (commercial or non-commercial) will be removed.
- Posting of content on the Blog when the copyright in which is not owned by you is strictly forbidden.
- You must adhere to all Guidelines applicable to the website and published by Ealing Dean Allotment Society.
- By posting on the website you have agreed to all guidelines and the T&C’s in relation to the use of the website